LinkedIn to anchor new San Francisco high-rise

Apr 23, 2014

San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee says the professional networking site LinkedIn will expand its presence in the city by anchoring a high-rise office building under construction.

Lee announced Tuesday that LinkedIn has signed a lease to occupy the entire 26-story structure scheduled to be completed in the city's South of Market neighborhood by 2016.

City officials say the nearly 450,000 square feet of office space could accommodate some 2,500 employees.

Terms of the deal were not released.

Mountain View-based LinkedIn Corp. currently occupies 135,000 square feet in a downtown San Francisco tower and plans to occupy another 87,000 square feet near downtown.

Earlier this month, Salesforce.com signed a $560 million, 15-year lease to occupy a 61-story skyscraper in San Francisco that's expected to be the tallest building on the West Coast when it's completed in 2017.

Explore further: Google pledges $6.8M for San Francisco program

not rated yet
add to favorites email to friend print save as pdf

Related Stories

Massive tech campus sparks mystery in San Jose

Mar 20, 2014

San Jose has given the green light to a massive new office complex, but city officials and the developer aren't revealing the name of the technology company that will occupy it.

Twitter makes new nest in San Francisco

Apr 23, 2011

Twitter on Friday said it has inked a deal to move into a new nest in a chronically downtrodden part of downtown San Francisco that local officials are eager to rehabilitate.

Recommended for you

Why the Sony hack isn't big news in Japan

15 hours ago

Japan's biggest newspaper, Yomiuri Shimbun, featured a story about Sony Corp. on its website Friday. It wasn't about hacking. It was about the company's struggling tablet business.

Sony faces 4th ex-employee lawsuit over hack

20 hours ago

A former director of technology for Sony Pictures Entertainment has sued the company over the data breach that resulted in the online posting of his private financial and personal information.

Sony tells AFP it still plans movie release

21 hours ago

Sony Pictures boss Michael Lynton denied Friday the Hollywood studio has "caved" by canceling the release of "The Interview," and said it still hoped to release the controversial film.

2012 movie massacre hung over 'Interview' decision

Dec 19, 2014

When a group claiming credit for the hacking of Sony Pictures Entertainment threated violence against theaters showing "The Interview" earlier this week, the fate of the movie's big-screen life was all but ...

Clooney slams skittish Hollywood after Sony hack

Dec 19, 2014

Film star George Clooney slammed the Hollywood movie industry for failing to stand up against the cyber threats that prompted Sony Pictures to cancel release of the movie "The Interview."

User comments : 0

Please sign in to add a comment. Registration is free, and takes less than a minute. Read more

Click here to reset your password.
Sign in to get notified via email when new comments are made.