Goldman takes Apple stock off 'preferred' list

Apr 02, 2013 by Peter Svensson

Goldman Sachs has taken Apple off its list of most highly recommended stocks, joining other analysts in dialing back its expectations for the company.

Goldman analyst Bill Shope said in a client note that the , introduced last fall, hasn't sold as well as he expected. He says the company now needs some real "hits" among the products it rolls out during the second half of the year.

Shope took the company off Goldman's "Americas Conviction List," a list Apple Inc. had been on since December 2010. But he keeps a "Buy" rating for the company.

After a heady decade, Apple's sales growth is slowing down. It hasn't unveiled a revolutionary new product since the in 2010.

A call to Apple for comment was not immediately returned.

Explore further: China's Xiaomi raises more than $1 bn in funding

4 /5 (4 votes)
add to favorites email to friend print save as pdf

Related Stories

Apple moves closer to iPad 3 sales in China

May 31, 2012

(AP) — Chinese regulators have approved Apple's iPad 3, possibly moving the company closer to launching the latest version of its tablet in the fast-growing Chinese market.

New iPhone heads to South Korea, 50 more countries

Dec 03, 2012

Apple announced that the latest version of the iPhone will be released in South Korea on Friday and in more than 50 other countries including Russia, Brazil, and Taiwan later in the month.

Apple stock hits new high after 4-month dip

Aug 17, 2012

(AP) — Apple's stock hit a new high Friday after a four-month swoon, as investors looked ahead to the release of a new iPhone and possibly a smaller iPad.

Recommended for you

China's Xiaomi raises more than $1 bn in funding

Dec 21, 2014

China's top smartphone seller Xiaomi Corp. is raising more than $1 billion in a fresh round of funding, a move which would raise its valuation above $45 billion, a report said Sunday.

Why the Sony hack isn't big news in Japan

Dec 20, 2014

Japan's biggest newspaper, Yomiuri Shimbun, featured a story about Sony Corp. on its website Friday. It wasn't about hacking. It was about the company's struggling tablet business.

Sony faces 4th ex-employee lawsuit over hack

Dec 20, 2014

A former director of technology for Sony Pictures Entertainment has sued the company over the data breach that resulted in the online posting of his private financial and personal information.

Sony tells AFP it still plans movie release

Dec 20, 2014

Sony Pictures boss Michael Lynton denied Friday the Hollywood studio has "caved" by canceling the release of "The Interview," and said it still hoped to release the controversial film.

2012 movie massacre hung over 'Interview' decision

Dec 19, 2014

When a group claiming credit for the hacking of Sony Pictures Entertainment threated violence against theaters showing "The Interview" earlier this week, the fate of the movie's big-screen life was all but ...

User comments : 0

Please sign in to add a comment. Registration is free, and takes less than a minute. Read more

Click here to reset your password.
Sign in to get notified via email when new comments are made.