Motorola Introduces MOTOROI, Korea's First Android 2.0 Smart Phone
Motorola today inaugurated a new era in Korea’s mobile lifestyle with the introduction of MOTOROI, the first smart phone in Korea to be powered by Android version 2.0.
For people who want the ultimate smart phone experience, MOTOROI offers the ability to use multiple applications at the same time, effortless pinch-and-zoom browsing, and cinematic navigation through music, videos, and maps of the world.
“We are delighted to announce MOTOROI, the first Android-based phone, with SK Telecom in Korea, a key partner in one of Motorola’s key markets in the world, ” said Sanjay Jha, co-chief executive officer of Motorola and chief executive officer of Motorola Mobile Devices. “MOTOROI is a smart phone without compromise, delivering a wiser, richer web and messaging experience with the most delightful touch-interface you have ever experienced, all made possible through the combination of Motorola’s expertise in design, a truly differentiated Android experience, and the power of SK Telecom’s network.”
Android is widely recognized as the most exciting mobile platform in part because of its unequalled openness. Anyone can develop Android applications and make them available through Android Market, and you can download them on MOTOROI.
Designed to take full advantage of the power of Android 2.0, MOTOROI gives you a full touch screen with a huge 3.7 inch, high-definition WVGA (480X854) display, making it easier than ever to view full page websites, videos, games, or photos. The display uses a powerful combination of Motorola’s touch user interface (UI) and a capacitive touch sensor for smooth screen flipping and scrolling, and five main displays let you customize your MOTOROI with various widgets with more freedom than ever before.
MOTOROI delivers fast and powerful mobile versions of Google’s most popular services. High speed web-browsing is possible at home or outdoors with MOTOROI’s Wi-Fi support and Android Web Kit Browser, supporting up to eight open browser windows1 and giving you the greatest possible freedom in using Google’s various mobile services1, including:
• Google Maps: Search for places near your location, get driving directions, view map with Street View and satellite imagery
• Gmail: Integrates and supports multiple accounts
• YouTube: Enables one-touch playback from home screen widget or app
• Google Talk: Provides messenger service by Google
MOTOROI offers an 8 megapixel camera with Xenon flash and a 720p HD camcorder - the first of its kind in Korea. MOTOROI not only lets you capture, view and share high quality photos and videos, it helps you make them look better than ever:
• Smart image capture: Includes easy panorama, face detection, multi-shot (6 shots in a row), face filter, red eye reduction, camera shake prevention and many more elements designed to improve the quality and variety of your photos
• HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface): With Korea’s first HDMI capable phone, play your HD video from your phone directly to your HDTV.
The MOTOROI will be available at SK Telecom retailers throughout Korea beginning in early February.