Reuters blog platform hacked for 2nd time

(AP) — The Reuters news agency says hackers have broken into one of its websites for the second time in two weeks and posted a false story saying Saudi Arabia's foreign minister had died.

Reuters said Wednesday in a news story posted on its website that a fabricated piece saying Prince Saud al-Faisal had died "was illegally posted on a journalist's blog."

The agency said the false posting had been deleted and that it does not have any immediate information on who was behind the hack.

Two weeks ago, the agency said one of its websites had been hacked and used to disseminate fake stories about Syria's rebel movement.


Explore further

Reuters says blogging platform hacked

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Citation: Reuters blog platform hacked for 2nd time (2012, August 15) retrieved 20 August 2019 from https://phys.org/news/2012-08-reuters-blog-platform-hacked-2nd.html
This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only.
0 shares

Feedback to editors

User comments

Please sign in to add a comment. Registration is free, and takes less than a minute. Read more