October 20, 2009 weblog
AMD Announces Eight New Athlon II Processors
(PhysOrg.com) -- AMD announced today eight new, low cost, Athlon II processors to their Athlon II processor family.
AMD has supplemented their standard power processors with 2 quad cores (X4 2.3GHz '605e' and 2.2GHz '600e'), 4 triple cores (X3 2.9GHz '435', 2.7GHz '425', 2.3GHz '405e' and 2.2GHz '400e') and 2 dual core processors (X2 2.8GHz '240e' and 2.7GHz '235e'). These processors offer excellent performance and low power consumption.
With this new line of Athlon II processors, OEM's and system builders have a wide variety of PC solutions that can provide them with low cost, and power efficient PC's optimized for Windows 7.
All these processors are made using a 45-nanometer production process and have a power consumption of either 45 watts or 95 watts.
AMD new Athlon II processors are intended to compete with Intel's midrange line of CPUs that include the Core 2 Duo E7000 series or E8000 series, with prices ranging from $69 to $143. The Athlon II processor chips are compatible with both Socket AM3 and Socket AM2+ motherboards.
When comparing the AMD Athlon II X2 240e processor with Intel's Core 2 Duo E7400, media and entertainment benchmarks3 performs 70% better with a processor cost saving of $404.
The full new line of Athlon II Processors includes:
• AMD Athlon II X2 235e, 45 Watts, 2.7 GHz and priced at $69
• AMD Athlon II X2 240e, 45 Watts, 2.8 GHz and priced at $77
• AMD Athlon II X3 400e, 45 Watts, 2.2 GHz and priced at $97
• AMD Athlon II X3 405e, 45 Watts, 2.3 GHz and priced at $102
• AMD Athlon II X3 425, 95 Watts, 2.7 GHz and priced at $76
• AMD Athlon II X3 435, 95 Watts, 2.9 GHz and priced at $87
• AMD Athlon II X4 600e, 45 Watts, 2.2 GHz and priced at $133
• AMD Athlon II X4 605e, 45 Watts, 2.3 GHz and priced at $143
More information: For more information on the new AMD Athlon II processors, visit AMD's website.
© 2009 PhysOrg.com