On Jan. 1, 2011, the oldest of America's baby boomers reached retirement age; from that day on, 10,000 people will turn 65 every single day for the next 19 years, but age doesn't have to be a barrier to an active lifestyle.
Sprint and Samsung Telecommunications America offer Samsung M400 with accessibility features designed specifically to meet the needs of senior citizens and people with disabilities. It is also a great wireless phone for practical customers who use their phone simply to talk, take pictures and send messages.
Features designed to make Samsung M400 easy to use include:
- Large 2.4-inch internal display and adjustable font sizes that make it easy to read text on the screen
- 1.07-inch external display that allows the user to easily see incoming calls or notifications without opening the phone
- Oversized keypad, making it quick and simple to locate and depress keys when making a call
- Five-way navigation key that makes navigating the phone's menu a snap
- Dedicated 911 key and an In Case of Emergency (ICE) button that stores up to three contacts, so users can dial first responders or emergency contacts quickly
- Dedicated speakerphone button for situations where it may be difficult to hear or when driving hands-free
- Voice dialing that allows the user to simply press a button and speak the name or phone number of the person they wish to call
- Nuance VSuite version 4.0 text-to-speech client that reads menus, submenus, text, dialed numbers, caller ID and missed calls to the user
Samsung M400 does offer several features that will appeal to more technologically savvy users, including a 1.3-megapixel camera, web browsing, Bluetooth support for hands-free conversations, threaded text messaging, voice memo recorder and a 1,000mAh battery offering up to four hours talk time.
Built-in lifestyle applications on Samsung M400 include Sprint Family Locator, which allows family or trusted caregivers to locate loved ones without disturbing their activities. The application uses GPS technology to locate a phone and display its location on an interactive map.
Certified by the independent UL Environment, Samsung M400 contains environmentally preferable materials with a minimal environmental impact.
Samsung M400 is available free with a new line or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement, after a $50 mail-in rebate via reward card (excludes taxes and surcharges).
Explore further: The Memoir: Samsung, T-Mobile USA Introduce New 8-Megapixel Camera Phone