Six current ASPB members were elected to this year's class:
- Xinnian Dong Professor of Biology, Duke University; and Howard Hughes Medical Institute-Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation Investigator
- Harry Klee Professor of Horticultural Sciences; University of Florida, Gainesville
- Sabeeha Merchant Professor of Biochemistry; University of California, Los Angeles
- Natasha Raikhel Distinguished Professor of Plant Biology; University of California, Riverside
- George Coupland Director, Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research
- Ottoline Leyser Associate Director; The Sainsbury Laboratory University of Cambridge
One additional plant biologist, unaffiliated with the society, was also selected as a new member:
- Pedro Sanchez Director, Tropical Agriculture and Rural Environment; The Earth Institute, Columbia University
These plant biologists are among the 84 new members and 21 foreign associates just elected. There are now 2,152 active NAS members and 430 foreign associates.
Provided by American Society of Plant Biologists
This Phys.org Science News Wire page contains a press release issued by an organization mentioned above and is provided to you “as is” with little or no review from Phys.Org staff.