This report provides:
- The estimated budget cuts to the National Institutes of Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, the Food and Drug Administration, and the National Science Foundation;
- Statements and testimonials from the leaders of these federal health agencies, as well as the patient community, academia and industry;
- Compelling budget comparisons to help illustrate the magnitude of these cuts;
- Charts illustrating the impact on NIH and NSF grants to research institutions, academic medical centers and small businesses throughout the country;
- Charts depicting the inevitable fiscal consequences of delaying research aimed at combating disabling and deadly diseases.
To view the report, visit: www.researchamerica.org/sequestrationreport
Provided by Research!America
This Phys.org Science News Wire page contains a press release issued by an organization mentioned above and is provided to you “as is” with little or no review from Phys.Org staff.