"We are thrilled that the American Academy of Neurology, highly regarded the world over for its commitment to delivering critical and timely information to practitioners as well as patients, has chosen to continue its collaboration with Wolters Kluwer Health," said Karen Abramson, President and CEO, Wolters Kluwer Health Medical Research. "The AAN has been an enthusiastic partner when it comes to using new distribution platforms such as the iPad app, and we're excited to work together on new opportunities and points of access that continue to raise the visibility of their influential content for clinicians, practitioners, and patients."
"Wolters Kluwer Health - LWW is a true partner in working with the AAN to drive awareness and reach of our content globally," said Catherine M. Rydell, CAE, Executive Director and CEO of the AAN. "As a leading medical publisher, the LWW team has brought a level of strategic insight and expertise on the needs of our members and subscribers that has been invaluable in helping us innovate our publications digitally with iPad editions, as well as opportunities to expand globally and cultivate new members. We're excited to continue our partnership and achieve even greater success together for our publications."
AAN publications have won multiple publishing awards, are highly ranked by Journal Citation Reports® (the industry's standard third-party journal rating source), and are widely recognized throughout the world for their value to the field.
- Neurology, the AAN's official scientific journal, is published monthly and was the world's first journal in neurology to offer distribution via an iPad app. To date, there have been more than 35,000 Neurology app downloads. In 2011, Neurology was the most cited journal in Clinical Neurology with an Impact Factor of 8.312, according to the JCR.
- Continuum, the AAN's official CME journal, offers peer-reviewed, topical issues in neurologic subspecialties. Published six times a year, it is now indexed in the National Library of Medicine's MEDLINE database, widely recognized as one of the world's most important sources of bibliographic information in biomedicine.
- Neurology Today, also an official AAN publication, is an award-winning biweekly tabloid newspaper reporting on current and important news in clinical practice, research, and policy. In 2012, the publication received an APEX Award of Excellence for news writing as well as a Bronze award in the Best Single News Article category from the American Society of Healthcare Publication Editors (ASHPE).
- Neurology Now is a bimonthly magazine for neurology patients that provides up-to-date information on the diagnosis and treatment of various neurologic disorders. The publication recently received three 2012 ASHPE awards: 2 Golds for Best Profile and Best Feature Article and a Silver for Best Custom Publication.
- Neurology Clinical Practice, launched in December 2011, presents peer-reviewed clinical neurology articles as well as analyses of office-based and health policy issues.
Institutions such as hospitals, universities, and medical schools worldwide have online access to the AAN journals through Ovid, also a part of Wolters Kluwer Health and a global leader in information services, providing electronic content, research capabilities, and support services to students, professionals and institutions in medicine, nursing, allied health, and pharmacy worldwide.
Provided by Wolters Kluwer Health
This Phys.org Science News Wire page contains a press release issued by an organization mentioned above and is provided to you “as is” with little or no review from Phys.Org staff.