Six Super Bowl apps you must haveJanuary 26th, 2012 in Technology / Software
It will be New York Giants vs. New England Patriots in the Super Bowl, now the only thing left to do is prepare for your big game celebration.
Fortunately, getting ready is as easy as grabbing iPhone or Android device. Whether you're watching at home or somewhere with friends, these six apps will liven up both the Big Game and the Big Game Day. From picking the right food to knowing the right football facts, these popular items from the AT&T App Center has you covered.
- Madden NFL 12 by EA Sports for iPhone and Android, $2.99: What is football without Madden? Pit New England against New York on this app and get a feel of what could happen in the real game.
- ESPN ScoreCenter app for iPhone and Android, free. Look up the latest stats on the Giants, Patriots, Dolphins or any other team as game day debates break out. Plus stay on top of the latest scores, standings, game summaries and news about The Heat or other basketball teams or any other major sport. You can customize the app to follow stats and updates of one favorite team or as many as you want.
- NFL Super Bowl Trivia app for Android, $1.49. Challenge yourself or friends to Big Game trivia with questions about past Super Bowl winners and losers, coaches, most valuable players,and more. This timer-base game only give a player 30 seconds to answer a question. Fast, correct responses earn higher points. Rate yourself on a global score board.
- Super Ads: Super Bowl Commercials for iPhone and Android, 99 cents. What would Game Day be without the commercials. C'mon man, remember when the boy slaps his mother's date in the face before saying "Keep your hands off my mama, keep your hands off my Doritos" in the 2010 Doritos commercial? Or the 2009 E-Trade "Milk-aholic" commercial poking fun at Lindsay Lohan? Priceless. Conjure these past glories and more instantly.
- All Recipes.com app for iPhone and Android, free. Whether you are a novice chef or parent too busy to fuss, check out a range of recipes that can be made in 20 minutes or less. There are plenty of more ambitions, full meal recipes available too. Think Cream Cheese Garlic Spread, quickie quiches and perfect deviled eggs.
- Also check out In the Kitchen Food Network app for iPhone and Android, $1.99 which will feature special game day recipes.
(c)2012 the Sun Sentinel (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.)
Distributed by MCT Information Services
"Six Super Bowl apps you must have." January 26th, 2012. http://phys.org/news/2012-01-super-bowl-apps.html