Motorola to carry Shanda wireless games

Jul 28, 2006

Motorola will launch wireless versions of Shanda Interactive Entertainment video games in the Chinese market, it announced Friday.

The agreement calls for Shanda's World of Legend and Magical Land online role-playing games to be offered on customized Motorola E680g handsets.

The companies said the games would be operable on both PCs and mobile devices and would allow transfers of points, weapons and other assets between devices.

"The cooperation with Motorola will further expand Shanda's user base from a PC to a mobile platform, giving users more flexible choices to access our content while still supported by our superior unified operating system," Tang Jun, president of Shanda, said at a Shanghai news conference.

The agreement is the first step in a closer co-branding relationship between the two companies.

Copyright 2006 by United Press International

Explore further: China's Xiaomi raises more than $1 bn in funding

add to favorites email to friend print save as pdf

Related Stories

Cyclist's helmet, Volvo car to communicate for safety

4 hours ago

Volvo calls it "a wearable life-saving wearable cycling tech concept." The car maker is referring to a connected car and helmet prototype that enables two-way communication between Volvo drivers and cyclists ...

Recommended for you

China's Xiaomi raises more than $1 bn in funding

10 hours ago

China's top smartphone seller Xiaomi Corp. is raising more than $1 billion in a fresh round of funding, a move which would raise its valuation above $45 billion, a report said Sunday.

Why the Sony hack isn't big news in Japan

Dec 20, 2014

Japan's biggest newspaper, Yomiuri Shimbun, featured a story about Sony Corp. on its website Friday. It wasn't about hacking. It was about the company's struggling tablet business.

Sony faces 4th ex-employee lawsuit over hack

Dec 20, 2014

A former director of technology for Sony Pictures Entertainment has sued the company over the data breach that resulted in the online posting of his private financial and personal information.

Sony tells AFP it still plans movie release

Dec 20, 2014

Sony Pictures boss Michael Lynton denied Friday the Hollywood studio has "caved" by canceling the release of "The Interview," and said it still hoped to release the controversial film.

2012 movie massacre hung over 'Interview' decision

Dec 19, 2014

When a group claiming credit for the hacking of Sony Pictures Entertainment threated violence against theaters showing "The Interview" earlier this week, the fate of the movie's big-screen life was all but ...

User comments : 0

Please sign in to add a comment. Registration is free, and takes less than a minute. Read more

Click here to reset your password.
Sign in to get notified via email when new comments are made.