Yahoo! expands mobile partnership with Samsung

Apr 26, 2010
Yahoo! headquarters in Sunnyvale, California. Yahoo! said Monday it was expanding its partnership with Samsung to put more of its Internet services on mobile phones from the South Korean giant.

Yahoo! said Monday it was expanding its partnership with Samsung to put more of its Internet services on mobile phones from the South Korean giant.

The Sunnyvale, California-based ! said that beginning in May, millions of devices powered by Samsung's "Bada" and Google's Android platform will feature Yahoo! services.

Yahoo! services to be pre-loaded in devices include Yahoo! email, messenger, search, Flickr, news, finance, contacts, calendar and weather.

"We're thrilled to deepen our relationship with Samsung and look forward to continuing to drive the global adoption of mobile Internet services," David Ko, a Yahoo! senior vice president, said in a statement.

"We want to provide our customers with the best possible services designed to enhance their mobile experience," said Kenny Lee, vice president of content planning at Samsung.

Yahoo! and Samsung have been partners since 2007.

Explore further: Why the Sony hack isn't big news in Japan

add to favorites email to friend print save as pdf

Related Stories

Yahoo! launches VoIP service

Mar 22, 2006

Yahoo! introduced Wednesday its messenger with voice system that will allow users to make phone calls via their personal computers.

Recommended for you

Why the Sony hack isn't big news in Japan

19 hours ago

Japan's biggest newspaper, Yomiuri Shimbun, featured a story about Sony Corp. on its website Friday. It wasn't about hacking. It was about the company's struggling tablet business.

Sony faces 4th ex-employee lawsuit over hack

Dec 20, 2014

A former director of technology for Sony Pictures Entertainment has sued the company over the data breach that resulted in the online posting of his private financial and personal information.

Sony tells AFP it still plans movie release

Dec 20, 2014

Sony Pictures boss Michael Lynton denied Friday the Hollywood studio has "caved" by canceling the release of "The Interview," and said it still hoped to release the controversial film.

2012 movie massacre hung over 'Interview' decision

Dec 19, 2014

When a group claiming credit for the hacking of Sony Pictures Entertainment threated violence against theaters showing "The Interview" earlier this week, the fate of the movie's big-screen life was all but ...

Clooney slams skittish Hollywood after Sony hack

Dec 19, 2014

Film star George Clooney slammed the Hollywood movie industry for failing to stand up against the cyber threats that prompted Sony Pictures to cancel release of the movie "The Interview."

User comments : 0

Please sign in to add a comment. Registration is free, and takes less than a minute. Read more

Click here to reset your password.
Sign in to get notified via email when new comments are made.