Yahoo CEO Bartz steps down from Intel board

Mar 19, 2009

(AP) -- Carol Bartz, who took the helm of Yahoo Inc. in January, is stepping down from the board of chip maker Intel Corp., the company said Thursday.

Intel also said it has tapped Inc. Chief Executive John Donahoe and Frank Yeary, vice chancellor of the University of California, Berkley, to become directors.

Donahoe, 48, took the spot at eBay in 2008 after Meg Whitman stepped down. He came to the Internet auction company in 2005 from Bain & Co., the consulting firm.

Yeary, 45, was appointed last year to his position as an adviser to Berkley's chancellor on strategic and financial issues after retiring from Citigroup Inc.

A spokeswoman declined to comment on Bartz's decision to retire from Intel's board.

shares were down 29 cents, or about 2 percent, to $14.95 in afternoon trading amid a broader market slump.

©2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Explore further: China's Xiaomi raises more than $1 bn in funding

add to favorites email to friend print save as pdf

Related Stories

Recommended for you

China's Xiaomi raises more than $1 bn in funding

Dec 21, 2014

China's top smartphone seller Xiaomi Corp. is raising more than $1 billion in a fresh round of funding, a move which would raise its valuation above $45 billion, a report said Sunday.

Why the Sony hack isn't big news in Japan

Dec 20, 2014

Japan's biggest newspaper, Yomiuri Shimbun, featured a story about Sony Corp. on its website Friday. It wasn't about hacking. It was about the company's struggling tablet business.

Sony faces 4th ex-employee lawsuit over hack

Dec 20, 2014

A former director of technology for Sony Pictures Entertainment has sued the company over the data breach that resulted in the online posting of his private financial and personal information.

Sony tells AFP it still plans movie release

Dec 20, 2014

Sony Pictures boss Michael Lynton denied Friday the Hollywood studio has "caved" by canceling the release of "The Interview," and said it still hoped to release the controversial film.

2012 movie massacre hung over 'Interview' decision

Dec 19, 2014

When a group claiming credit for the hacking of Sony Pictures Entertainment threated violence against theaters showing "The Interview" earlier this week, the fate of the movie's big-screen life was all but ...

User comments : 0

Please sign in to add a comment. Registration is free, and takes less than a minute. Read more

Click here to reset your password.
Sign in to get notified via email when new comments are made.