Big GSA telecom contract moves to round 2

Feb 17, 2006

The four teams vying for the federal government's huge Networx Universal communications contract have passed the first round of evaluations.

The Government Services Administration determined that all four of the bids were within the acceptable price range and will next determine if any changes to the bids will be made.

GovExec.com reported Thursday that at least one of the suitors had been expected to be eliminated in the first round; however the current conventional wisdom among analysts is that all four teams could get a piece of the pie.

Teams led by Sprint Nextel, MCI, AT&T and Qwest are vying for the lucrative pact, which is worth a minimum of $525 million.

Bids had been due last October with the contract to be awarded no later than March 2007.

Copyright 2006 by United Press International

Explore further: Big new iPhone brings Apple more profit

add to favorites email to friend print save as pdf

Related Stories

Recommended for you

Big new iPhone brings Apple more profit

5 hours ago

Apple's largest iPhone is selling for $100 more than its other new model, but a new report says it costs Apple only $15.50 more to make the more expensive version.

Microsoft to launch Xbox One in China in days

7 hours ago

US technology giant Microsoft will launch its Xbox One in China on September 29, becoming the first game console to enter the market in 14 years, it said Tuesday, in an apparent reversal of a delay announced ...

PlayStation TV to hit US in October

8 hours ago

PlayStation TV home entertainment system is set to hit North America on October 14 as Sony seeks to improve its financial footing with games, films and music.

User comments : 0