Lawyer: Claims of botched circumcision are untrue

Jul 25, 2014

(AP)—Two doctors are denying claims by an Alabama man who says his penis was amputated during what was supposed to be a routine circumcision.

A lawyer for the physicians says the allegations in a lawsuit filed this week in Birmingham by Johnny Lee Banks Jr. are untrue.

The attorney, Will Axon, says the lawsuit is an attempt to damage the reputation of the physicians.

Banks and his wife filed the lawsuit this week against Drs. Vincent Michael Bivins and Alan Aikens, their medical groups and a hospital. He claims his was wrongly amputated during a circumcision last month.

The accuses the defendants of , negligence and other wrongdoing. It seeks an unspecified amount of money.

The hospital also says the claims are without merit.

Explore further: Alabama man claims penis mistakenly amputated

1.8 /5 (6 votes)
add to favorites email to friend print save as pdf

Related Stories

California counties sue over painkiller marketing

May 22, 2014

Two California counties have filed a lawsuit accusing five drug companies of waging a campaign of deception to boost the sales of painkillers behind the nation's prescription drug addiction problem.

Chubby Checker sues HP over penis-measuring app

Feb 14, 2013

A lawyer acting for Chubby Checker—the musical legend behind "The Twist"—has announced a lawsuit against tech-giant Hewlett-Packard for using the singer's name for a penis-measuring app.

Recommended for you

Why the Sony hack isn't big news in Japan

10 hours ago

Japan's biggest newspaper, Yomiuri Shimbun, featured a story about Sony Corp. on its website Friday. It wasn't about hacking. It was about the company's struggling tablet business.

Sony faces 4th ex-employee lawsuit over hack

15 hours ago

A former director of technology for Sony Pictures Entertainment has sued the company over the data breach that resulted in the online posting of his private financial and personal information.

Sony tells AFP it still plans movie release

16 hours ago

Sony Pictures boss Michael Lynton denied Friday the Hollywood studio has "caved" by canceling the release of "The Interview," and said it still hoped to release the controversial film.

2012 movie massacre hung over 'Interview' decision

Dec 19, 2014

When a group claiming credit for the hacking of Sony Pictures Entertainment threated violence against theaters showing "The Interview" earlier this week, the fate of the movie's big-screen life was all but ...

Clooney slams skittish Hollywood after Sony hack

Dec 19, 2014

Film star George Clooney slammed the Hollywood movie industry for failing to stand up against the cyber threats that prompted Sony Pictures to cancel release of the movie "The Interview."

User comments : 0

Please sign in to add a comment. Registration is free, and takes less than a minute. Read more

Click here to reset your password.
Sign in to get notified via email when new comments are made.