Deutsche Telekom eyes further growth in 2014, 2015

Mar 06, 2014

German telecommunications giant Deutsche Telekom said Thursday it met its 2013 targets and is counting on business in the United States to boost overall sales this year and next year.

"We reached our for 2013 and building on our successes last year, we plan to invest further in growth," Deutsche Telekom said in a statement.

On the bottom line, amounted to 930 million euros ($1.3 billion) compared with a net loss of 5.353 billion euros a year earlier.

Underlying or operating profit declined by 12 percent to 15.834 billion euros while sales increased by 3.4 percent to 60.132 billion euros.

Chief executive Tim Hoettges said revenues were expected to "grow slightly in the 2014 financial year, and at a higher rate in the following year.

"This growth is mainly attributable to the United States, where T-Mobile US intends to increase the number of customers this year," Hoettges said.

At the same time, underlying profit "is expected to remain stable in the current year, and to increase in 2015," he added.

Explore further: Bayer reports $4.35 billion full-year net profit

add to favorites email to friend print save as pdf

Related Stories

German drug maker Merck ups forecast for 2013

Nov 14, 2013

German chemicals and pharmaceuticals giant Merck KGaA said Thursday it is raising its full-year operating profit forecast thanks to improving sales and positive cost-cutting effects.

German chip maker Infineon meets full-year targets

Nov 12, 2013

German semi-conductors giant Infineon said on Tuesday a strong fourth quarter had enabled it to meet its goals for the year just ended, but warned of falling sales in the current quarter.

Deutsche Telekom adds more US customers

Nov 07, 2013

Telephone company Deutsche Telekom said Thursday it made a net profit of 588 million euros ($793 million) in the third quarter as it continued to add customers at T-Mobile USA.

Recommended for you

Why the Sony hack isn't big news in Japan

1 hour ago

Japan's biggest newspaper, Yomiuri Shimbun, featured a story about Sony Corp. on its website Friday. It wasn't about hacking. It was about the company's struggling tablet business.

Sony faces 4th ex-employee lawsuit over hack

6 hours ago

A former director of technology for Sony Pictures Entertainment has sued the company over the data breach that resulted in the online posting of his private financial and personal information.

Sony tells AFP it still plans movie release

7 hours ago

Sony Pictures boss Michael Lynton denied Friday the Hollywood studio has "caved" by canceling the release of "The Interview," and said it still hoped to release the controversial film.

2012 movie massacre hung over 'Interview' decision

21 hours ago

When a group claiming credit for the hacking of Sony Pictures Entertainment threated violence against theaters showing "The Interview" earlier this week, the fate of the movie's big-screen life was all but ...

Clooney slams skittish Hollywood after Sony hack

Dec 19, 2014

Film star George Clooney slammed the Hollywood movie industry for failing to stand up against the cyber threats that prompted Sony Pictures to cancel release of the movie "The Interview."

User comments : 0

Please sign in to add a comment. Registration is free, and takes less than a minute. Read more

Click here to reset your password.
Sign in to get notified via email when new comments are made.