Verizon closes on $130 billion wireless deal

Feb 21, 2014

Verizon has completed an approximately $130 billion deal to take over all of Verizon Wireless.

New York-based Verizon Communications Inc. has said that buying Vodafone's stake would give it greater flexibility to invest in new technologies.

It acquired the 45 percent stake in its wireless division from Vodafone Group PLC, issuing about 1.27 billion shares of to the British cellphone carrier's shareholders.

Both companies' shareholders approved the transaction last month.

Verizon's stock fell 23 cents to $47.89 in Friday morning trading.

Explore further: Verizon gets OK for $130 billion Vodafone deal

4.2 /5 (13 votes)
add to favorites email to friend print save as pdf

Related Stories

Verizon plans $25 bn debt offering: source

Sep 05, 2013

Verizon plans a record $25 billion debt offering as it gathers financing to buy Vodafone's stake in their Verizon Wireless joint venture, a person familiar with the matter said Thursday.

Flush with cash, Vodafone eyes investment

Nov 12, 2013

With a cash infusion coming soon from the sale of its U.S. business, British cellphone company Vodafone on Tuesday shot down speculation it might go "shopping" for new acquisitions, saying it would focus on investing in its ...

Recommended for you

China's Xiaomi raises more than $1 bn in funding

3 hours ago

China's top smartphone seller Xiaomi Corp. is raising more than $1 billion in a fresh round of funding, a move which would raise its valuation above $45 billion, a report said Sunday.

Why the Sony hack isn't big news in Japan

Dec 20, 2014

Japan's biggest newspaper, Yomiuri Shimbun, featured a story about Sony Corp. on its website Friday. It wasn't about hacking. It was about the company's struggling tablet business.

Sony faces 4th ex-employee lawsuit over hack

Dec 20, 2014

A former director of technology for Sony Pictures Entertainment has sued the company over the data breach that resulted in the online posting of his private financial and personal information.

Sony tells AFP it still plans movie release

Dec 20, 2014

Sony Pictures boss Michael Lynton denied Friday the Hollywood studio has "caved" by canceling the release of "The Interview," and said it still hoped to release the controversial film.

2012 movie massacre hung over 'Interview' decision

Dec 19, 2014

When a group claiming credit for the hacking of Sony Pictures Entertainment threated violence against theaters showing "The Interview" earlier this week, the fate of the movie's big-screen life was all but ...

User comments : 0

Please sign in to add a comment. Registration is free, and takes less than a minute. Read more

Click here to reset your password.
Sign in to get notified via email when new comments are made.