Apple's Cook tries to tantalize shareholders

Feb 28, 2014

(AP)—Apple CEO Tim Cook is still trying to convince shareholders that the iPhone maker remains a step ahead in the race to innovate, even though recent performance of the company's stock lags behind other technology trendsetters.

In making his case Friday, Cook touched upon familiar themes during Apple's annual meeting at the company's Cupertino, Calif. headquarters.

As he often does, Cook promised Apple Inc. is working on that will expand the company's product line-up beyond smartphones, tablets, music players and personal computers.

Cook tantalized the crowd at one point when he told them he planned to provide a glimpse at the upcoming products, but it turned out to be just a tease. He said he was only joking and didn't provide a timetable for the products' release.

Explore further: Apple CEO's compensation rises slightly to $4.3M

not rated yet
add to favorites email to friend print save as pdf

Related Stories

Apple CEO Cook says lawsuit is 'silly sideshow'

Feb 12, 2013

Apple CEO Tim Cook calls a shareholder lawsuit against the company a "silly sideshow" but says he is open to looking at the shareholder's proposals for sharing more cash with investors.

Apple's Tim Cook joins Twitter

Sep 21, 2013

Apple chief executive Tim Cook joined Twitter on Friday, as huge crowds formed around the world to buy up the California giant's two new iPhones.

Apple still has 'magic,' innovation, says CEO Cook

Feb 12, 2013

Apple remains ahead of its rivals in the ability to innovate and "create magic" despite tougher competition in key sectors like smartphones and tablets, chief executive Tim Cook said Tuesday.

Recommended for you

Why the Sony hack isn't big news in Japan

11 hours ago

Japan's biggest newspaper, Yomiuri Shimbun, featured a story about Sony Corp. on its website Friday. It wasn't about hacking. It was about the company's struggling tablet business.

Sony faces 4th ex-employee lawsuit over hack

16 hours ago

A former director of technology for Sony Pictures Entertainment has sued the company over the data breach that resulted in the online posting of his private financial and personal information.

Sony tells AFP it still plans movie release

17 hours ago

Sony Pictures boss Michael Lynton denied Friday the Hollywood studio has "caved" by canceling the release of "The Interview," and said it still hoped to release the controversial film.

2012 movie massacre hung over 'Interview' decision

Dec 19, 2014

When a group claiming credit for the hacking of Sony Pictures Entertainment threated violence against theaters showing "The Interview" earlier this week, the fate of the movie's big-screen life was all but ...

Clooney slams skittish Hollywood after Sony hack

Dec 19, 2014

Film star George Clooney slammed the Hollywood movie industry for failing to stand up against the cyber threats that prompted Sony Pictures to cancel release of the movie "The Interview."

User comments : 0

Please sign in to add a comment. Registration is free, and takes less than a minute. Read more

Click here to reset your password.
Sign in to get notified via email when new comments are made.