Priceline promotes Huston to CEO; 3Q profit grows

Nov 08, 2013

(AP)—Priceline Group is promoting one of its executives to CEO, taking over from Jeffery Boyd.

Boyd, who has been CEO since 2002, will remain the travel website's chairman.

Priceline says Darren Huston will take over as CEO and president and join the board on Jan. 1. He's currently head of hotel reservation service Booking.com, a unit of Priceline.

The Norwalk, Conn., company also said Thursday that its profit rose 40 percent in the third quarter to $833 million as bookings for flights, rental cars and hotels rose and increased.

Priceline's earnings outlook for the fourth quarter fell short of Wall Street's projection, however.

Shares are down 1 percent to $1,011 in after-hours trading.

Explore further: Why the Sony hack isn't big news in Japan

not rated yet
add to favorites email to friend print save as pdf

Related Stories

EBay CEO cites 'uncertainty' for weak 4Q outlook

Oct 17, 2013

EBay said the growth rate of e-commerce in the United States is slowing as it delivered a weaker than expected profit and revenue outlook for the current quarter through December. The company's third-quarter earnings edged ...

Deutsche Telekom adds more US customers

Nov 07, 2013

Telephone company Deutsche Telekom said Thursday it made a net profit of 588 million euros ($793 million) in the third quarter as it continued to add customers at T-Mobile USA.

Recommended for you

Why the Sony hack isn't big news in Japan

8 hours ago

Japan's biggest newspaper, Yomiuri Shimbun, featured a story about Sony Corp. on its website Friday. It wasn't about hacking. It was about the company's struggling tablet business.

Sony faces 4th ex-employee lawsuit over hack

13 hours ago

A former director of technology for Sony Pictures Entertainment has sued the company over the data breach that resulted in the online posting of his private financial and personal information.

Sony tells AFP it still plans movie release

14 hours ago

Sony Pictures boss Michael Lynton denied Friday the Hollywood studio has "caved" by canceling the release of "The Interview," and said it still hoped to release the controversial film.

2012 movie massacre hung over 'Interview' decision

Dec 19, 2014

When a group claiming credit for the hacking of Sony Pictures Entertainment threated violence against theaters showing "The Interview" earlier this week, the fate of the movie's big-screen life was all but ...

Clooney slams skittish Hollywood after Sony hack

Dec 19, 2014

Film star George Clooney slammed the Hollywood movie industry for failing to stand up against the cyber threats that prompted Sony Pictures to cancel release of the movie "The Interview."

User comments : 0

Please sign in to add a comment. Registration is free, and takes less than a minute. Read more

Click here to reset your password.
Sign in to get notified via email when new comments are made.