Hulu names Fox exec Hopkins as CEO

Oct 17, 2013

Online video service Hulu named Fox executive Mike Hopkins as its new CEO Thursday, ending the speculation over the company's leadership following Jason Kilar's departure in March.

Andy Forssell, the former content executive who has served as interim CEO, will leave the company.

Hopkins was president of distribution for Fox Networks Group, where he oversaw Fox's on-demand and digital offerings including through apps such as Fox Now.

Hopkins also served on the Hulu board for several years.

Hulu, based in Los Angeles, is owned by 21st Century Fox, The Walt Disney Co. and Comcast Corp.

Explore further: Why the Sony hack isn't big news in Japan

not rated yet
add to favorites email to friend print save as pdf

Related Stories

Hulu owners opt to keep online video service

Jul 12, 2013

The entertainment studios behind Hulu took the online video service off the auction block Friday, opting instead to pump an additional $750 million into the Netflix rival.

Bidders vie for online video website Hulu

Jul 09, 2013

The Wall Street Journal on Monday reported that several bidders have stepped up to vie for Hulu, an online video website that Internet pioneer Yahoo was said to be eyeing as an acquisition.

Yahoo, pay-TV operators among Hulu bidders

May 25, 2013

Online video site Hulu is again up for sale, with Yahoo and pay TV operators DirecTV and Time Warner Cable among the seven bidders, according to a person with direct knowledge of the matter.

Hulu mulls putting itself up for sale

Jun 22, 2011

(AP) -- Online video service Hulu is exploring putting itself up for sale after receiving an unsolicited takeover offer, people familiar with the matter said Tuesday.

Recommended for you

Why the Sony hack isn't big news in Japan

3 hours ago

Japan's biggest newspaper, Yomiuri Shimbun, featured a story about Sony Corp. on its website Friday. It wasn't about hacking. It was about the company's struggling tablet business.

Sony faces 4th ex-employee lawsuit over hack

8 hours ago

A former director of technology for Sony Pictures Entertainment has sued the company over the data breach that resulted in the online posting of his private financial and personal information.

Sony tells AFP it still plans movie release

9 hours ago

Sony Pictures boss Michael Lynton denied Friday the Hollywood studio has "caved" by canceling the release of "The Interview," and said it still hoped to release the controversial film.

2012 movie massacre hung over 'Interview' decision

23 hours ago

When a group claiming credit for the hacking of Sony Pictures Entertainment threated violence against theaters showing "The Interview" earlier this week, the fate of the movie's big-screen life was all but ...

Clooney slams skittish Hollywood after Sony hack

Dec 19, 2014

Film star George Clooney slammed the Hollywood movie industry for failing to stand up against the cyber threats that prompted Sony Pictures to cancel release of the movie "The Interview."

User comments : 0

Please sign in to add a comment. Registration is free, and takes less than a minute. Read more

Click here to reset your password.
Sign in to get notified via email when new comments are made.