Former Google CEO to co-write management book

Oct 07, 2013 by The Associated Press

Now that he is no longer Google's CEO, Eric Schmidt evidently has a lot more time to write books.

After releasing a technology treatise about his vision of the future in an Internet-connected world, Schmidt will share some of the management tips that he learned while running Google Inc. for a decade.

The upcoming book will be called "No Adult Supervision Required: How To Build Successful 21st Century Companies." Schmidt is co-writing it with Jonathan Rosenberg, one of Schmidt's top lieutenants at Google.

Publisher Business Plus, an imprint of Hachette Book Group, announced Monday that it plans to release the book in the fall of 2014.

Schmidt was Google's CEO from 2001 to 2011, when company co-founder Larry Page took over. Schmidt remains Mountain View, Calif.-based Google's executive chairman.

Explore further: China's Xiaomi raises more than $1 bn in funding

not rated yet
add to favorites email to friend print save as pdf

Related Stories

Google, shareholders to meet

Jun 02, 2011

(AP) -- Google Inc. will hold its first shareholders meeting since co-founder Larry Page took over as the Internet search leader's CEO.

Recommended for you

It's down to the wire for online shopping

1 minute ago

As the holiday shopping season winds down, FedEx, UPS and online retailers are using the last few days to try to avoid the problems that occurred last year when severe winter weather and a surge in late orders ...

China's Xiaomi raises more than $1 bn in funding

Dec 21, 2014

China's top smartphone seller Xiaomi Corp. is raising more than $1 billion in a fresh round of funding, a move which would raise its valuation above $45 billion, a report said Sunday.

Why the Sony hack isn't big news in Japan

Dec 20, 2014

Japan's biggest newspaper, Yomiuri Shimbun, featured a story about Sony Corp. on its website Friday. It wasn't about hacking. It was about the company's struggling tablet business.

Sony faces 4th ex-employee lawsuit over hack

Dec 20, 2014

A former director of technology for Sony Pictures Entertainment has sued the company over the data breach that resulted in the online posting of his private financial and personal information.

Sony tells AFP it still plans movie release

Dec 20, 2014

Sony Pictures boss Michael Lynton denied Friday the Hollywood studio has "caved" by canceling the release of "The Interview," and said it still hoped to release the controversial film.

2012 movie massacre hung over 'Interview' decision

Dec 19, 2014

When a group claiming credit for the hacking of Sony Pictures Entertainment threated violence against theaters showing "The Interview" earlier this week, the fate of the movie's big-screen life was all but ...

User comments : 0

Please sign in to add a comment. Registration is free, and takes less than a minute. Read more

Click here to reset your password.
Sign in to get notified via email when new comments are made.