Former Qualcomm exec charged with insider trading

Sep 23, 2013

A former senior executive at Qualcomm Inc. has been charged with insider trading, accused of buying shares of the wireless technology company before major announcements.

The U.S. attorney in San Diego says 51-year-old Jing Wang made nearly $250,000 in profits from three illegal trades between 2010 and 2012. Wang is the former president of global business operations for the San Diego-based company.

He surrendered Monday morning to the FBI.

The indictment alleges Wang bought shares before an announced dividend increase, a large acquisition and a strong earnings report.

Also charged are his brother, 53-year-old Bing Wang of China and his former broker, 54-year-old Gary Yin of San Diego.

Explore further: Why the Sony hack isn't big news in Japan

5 /5 (1 vote)
add to favorites email to friend print save as pdf

Related Stories

Qualcomm ups dividend, approves up to $4B buyback

Mar 06, 2012

(AP) -- Mobile phone chip-maker Qualcomm Inc. said Tuesday that its board approved the increase of its quarterly dividend by 16 percent to 25 cents and up to $4 billion in stock buybacks.

'Asia tallest man' hospitalised in China

Jul 08, 2013

A 2.55-metre (8 foot 4 inch) Chinese man who is among the world's tallest living people has been hospitalised for a hip replacement, reports said Monday.

Recommended for you

China's Xiaomi raises more than $1 bn in funding

2 hours ago

China's top smartphone seller Xiaomi Corp. is raising more than $1 billion in a fresh round of funding, a move which would raise its valuation above $45 billion, a report said Sunday.

Why the Sony hack isn't big news in Japan

Dec 20, 2014

Japan's biggest newspaper, Yomiuri Shimbun, featured a story about Sony Corp. on its website Friday. It wasn't about hacking. It was about the company's struggling tablet business.

Sony faces 4th ex-employee lawsuit over hack

Dec 20, 2014

A former director of technology for Sony Pictures Entertainment has sued the company over the data breach that resulted in the online posting of his private financial and personal information.

Sony tells AFP it still plans movie release

Dec 20, 2014

Sony Pictures boss Michael Lynton denied Friday the Hollywood studio has "caved" by canceling the release of "The Interview," and said it still hoped to release the controversial film.

2012 movie massacre hung over 'Interview' decision

Dec 19, 2014

When a group claiming credit for the hacking of Sony Pictures Entertainment threated violence against theaters showing "The Interview" earlier this week, the fate of the movie's big-screen life was all but ...

User comments : 0

Please sign in to add a comment. Registration is free, and takes less than a minute. Read more

Click here to reset your password.
Sign in to get notified via email when new comments are made.