Welcome to Sector 33! – A new air traffic control game for iOS and Android mobile devices.
Have you ever wondered what it's like to be an Air Traffic Controller? Imagine it's a stormy Friday in Northern California as the evening rush of air traffic fast approaches the San Francisco Bay Area from the East. All flights going to San Francisco airport pass through "Sector 33" – your sector of airspace. As the lead air traffic controller, your job is to guide the planes safely through Sector 33 as quickly as possible. To do this, you must choose the most efficient route and make strategic speed changes. Can you handle Sector 33?
The Sector 33 app is:
- A companion app to the Smart Skies classroom product, LineUp With Math.
- An air traffic control game designed to interest students in aeronautics-related careers.
- Designed to connect mathematics and problem solving to the real world.
- 35 problems featuring two to five airplanes
- Speed and route controls
- Weather obstacles
- Four levels of controller certification
- In-game introduction, hints, and help section
- Extra videos
The Sector 33 App can be downloaded free of charge for iOS and Android devices:
For more information about NASA's Smart Skies education program, visit: smartskies.nasa.gov/
Explore further: OrangeSec pair said Cortana visited Android