DreamWorks says TV revenue to hit $200M by 2015

Jun 18, 2013

DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc. says its new deal to provide original TV shows to Netflix will help it double the revenue it gets from TV shows to $200 million by 2015.

DreamWorks expects $100 million in TV revenue this year. The Glendale, Calif., company released the figures in a call with analysts Tuesday.

The deal to supply . with 300 hours of new TV shows over several years was announced Monday. It allows Netflix to debut the shows in the 40 markets where the video company operates. DreamWorks also announced Tuesday that it will supply new TV shows to German broadcaster Super RTL, where Netflix doesn't operate.

shares are up 44 cents to $24.75 in aftermarket trading. The stock has gained 6.6 percent this week.

Explore further: China's Xiaomi raises more than $1 bn in funding

not rated yet
add to favorites email to friend print save as pdf

Related Stories

Britain and Ireland tuning into Netflix

Aug 20, 2012

Netflix on Monday announced that one million people in Britain and Ireland signed up for the film and TV show streaming Internet service in the seven months after its debut there.

Netflix shares soar as ranks of viewers surge

Apr 23, 2013

Netflix shares jumped 24 percent in after-hours trade on Monday on earnings figures indicating that original programs and other tactics are luring viewers to the streaming Internet video service.

Recommended for you

China's Xiaomi raises more than $1 bn in funding

8 hours ago

China's top smartphone seller Xiaomi Corp. is raising more than $1 billion in a fresh round of funding, a move which would raise its valuation above $45 billion, a report said Sunday.

Why the Sony hack isn't big news in Japan

Dec 20, 2014

Japan's biggest newspaper, Yomiuri Shimbun, featured a story about Sony Corp. on its website Friday. It wasn't about hacking. It was about the company's struggling tablet business.

Sony faces 4th ex-employee lawsuit over hack

Dec 20, 2014

A former director of technology for Sony Pictures Entertainment has sued the company over the data breach that resulted in the online posting of his private financial and personal information.

Sony tells AFP it still plans movie release

Dec 20, 2014

Sony Pictures boss Michael Lynton denied Friday the Hollywood studio has "caved" by canceling the release of "The Interview," and said it still hoped to release the controversial film.

2012 movie massacre hung over 'Interview' decision

Dec 19, 2014

When a group claiming credit for the hacking of Sony Pictures Entertainment threated violence against theaters showing "The Interview" earlier this week, the fate of the movie's big-screen life was all but ...

User comments : 0

Please sign in to add a comment. Registration is free, and takes less than a minute. Read more

Click here to reset your password.
Sign in to get notified via email when new comments are made.