Four executives leaving in Sprint reorganization

Jan 07, 2012

(AP) -- Four executives are leaving Sprint Nextel Corp. in a reorganization that will combine the sales and marketing functions for both its consumer and business units.

Spokesman Scott Sloat confirmed the move, which was laid out in a memo sent by Sprint CEO Dan Hesse on Friday.

The news was reported earlier by Reuters.

Sprint is in the midst of a costly upgrade to put its phones on a "4G" network, and Hesse expressed the need to become more efficient in the memo.

Sprint shares fell 5 cents, or 2.2 percent, to close at $2.19 on Friday.

Explore further: China's Xiaomi raises more than $1 bn in funding

not rated yet
add to favorites email to friend print save as pdf

Related Stories

Sprint: No more Clearwire devices after 2012

Oct 07, 2011

(AP) -- Sprint Nextel Corp. said Friday that it will stop selling phones and other devices compatible with Clearwire Corp.'s network at the end of next year, as it switches customers to its own higher-speed, fourth-generation ...

Sprint to stop selling certain push-to-talk phones

Nov 30, 2009

(AP) -- Sprint Nextel Corp. is giving up on a technology that allows some Sprint-branded phones to use a "push-to-talk" walkie-talkie service similar to what's available on the company's Nextel-branded phones.

Sprint down after testy meeting with analysts

Oct 08, 2011

(AP) -- The struggling wireless carrier Sprint Nextel Corp. said Friday that it will need to raise more money to build a higher-speed data network even as it must spend more to subsidize sales of the new iPhone to its customers.

New Sprint does push-to-talk without Nextel

Sep 27, 2011

(AP) -- Sprint Nextel Corp. will start shutting down the Nextel part of its network in little more than a year. So what are the folks who use Nextel's walkie-talkie-like push-to-talk function going to do?

Recommended for you

China's Xiaomi raises more than $1 bn in funding

16 hours ago

China's top smartphone seller Xiaomi Corp. is raising more than $1 billion in a fresh round of funding, a move which would raise its valuation above $45 billion, a report said Sunday.

Why the Sony hack isn't big news in Japan

Dec 20, 2014

Japan's biggest newspaper, Yomiuri Shimbun, featured a story about Sony Corp. on its website Friday. It wasn't about hacking. It was about the company's struggling tablet business.

Sony faces 4th ex-employee lawsuit over hack

Dec 20, 2014

A former director of technology for Sony Pictures Entertainment has sued the company over the data breach that resulted in the online posting of his private financial and personal information.

Sony tells AFP it still plans movie release

Dec 20, 2014

Sony Pictures boss Michael Lynton denied Friday the Hollywood studio has "caved" by canceling the release of "The Interview," and said it still hoped to release the controversial film.

2012 movie massacre hung over 'Interview' decision

Dec 19, 2014

When a group claiming credit for the hacking of Sony Pictures Entertainment threated violence against theaters showing "The Interview" earlier this week, the fate of the movie's big-screen life was all but ...

User comments : 0

Please sign in to add a comment. Registration is free, and takes less than a minute. Read more

Click here to reset your password.
Sign in to get notified via email when new comments are made.