SAP to invest $2 billion in China in next four years

Nov 15, 2011

German software giant SAP said on Tuesday it planned to invest $2.0 billion (1.5 billion euros) in increasing its presence in China over the next four years.

"SAP today announced multi-year spending plans of more than $2 billion through 2015 to grow its business in China," the world's second-largest economy, the group said in a statement.

Co-chief executive Bill McDermott said SAP, which has been present in China for 20 years and has two research centres in and Chengdu, would set up five or six more branches there and hire around 2,000 more people.

does not publish separate figures for its activities in China, but the Asia-Pacific region accounted for around 14 percent of overall group revenues last year.

Explore further: Sony faces 4th ex-employee lawsuit over hack

add to favorites email to friend print save as pdf

Related Stories

SAP profits up strongly in third quarter

Oct 14, 2011

German software giant SAP said Friday its profits more than doubled in the third quarter thanks to strong sales and lower legal costs related to litigation with arch-rival Oracle.

SAP posts 12 percent gain in third quarter profit

Oct 27, 2010

SAP, the professional software giant, posted on Wednesday a third quarter net profit of 501 million euros (690 million dollars), a gain of 12 percent from the same period a year earlier.

SAP CEO resigns, replaced by 2 co-chief executives

Feb 08, 2010

(AP) -- The chief executive of German software company SAP AG, Leo Apotheker, has resigned after his contract was not renewed and will be succeeded by two co-CEOs, the company said Sunday.

Recommended for you

Sony faces 4th ex-employee lawsuit over hack

24 minutes ago

A former director of technology for Sony Pictures Entertainment has sued the company over the data breach that resulted in the online posting of his private financial and personal information.

Sony tells AFP it still plans movie release

1 hour ago

Sony Pictures boss Michael Lynton denied Friday the Hollywood studio has "caved" by canceling the release of "The Interview," and said it still hoped to release the controversial film.

2012 movie massacre hung over 'Interview' decision

15 hours ago

When a group claiming credit for the hacking of Sony Pictures Entertainment threated violence against theaters showing "The Interview" earlier this week, the fate of the movie's big-screen life was all but ...

Clooney slams skittish Hollywood after Sony hack

21 hours ago

Film star George Clooney slammed the Hollywood movie industry for failing to stand up against the cyber threats that prompted Sony Pictures to cancel release of the movie "The Interview."

User comments : 0

Please sign in to add a comment. Registration is free, and takes less than a minute. Read more

Click here to reset your password.
Sign in to get notified via email when new comments are made.