Apple sends out invite for iPhone event

Sep 27, 2011

(AP) -- Apple is inviting journalists to its Cupertino, Calif. headquarters next week for an iPhone-related event on Oct. 4.

The invitation Apple Inc. sent on Tuesday does not go into details. It says "let's talk ," suggesting that the usually secretive company is likely to unveil the next iteration of its popular smartphones.

Former Vice President , who sits on Apple's board, has said recently that he believes Apple's new iPhones will be here in October.

Next weeks' event will be the first product unveiling for Apple since Steve Jobs resigned as CEO in August. The company's shares have since hit their highest level ever.

Explore further: Why the Sony hack isn't big news in Japan

5 /5 (1 vote)
add to favorites email to friend print save as pdf

Related Stories

Did McGraw-Hill CEO spill Apple's tablet secret?

Jan 27, 2010

(AP) -- The McGraw-Hill Cos. Inc.'s CEO spoke on CNBC Tuesday and appeared to confirm speculation that Apple Inc. will indeed unveil a tablet computer running on iPhone software during a highly anticipated media event Wednesday.

Apple sells more than 1.7M iPhones in 3 days

Jun 28, 2010

(AP) -- Apple Inc. said Monday that it sold more than 1.7 million units of its new iPhone model in the first three days, making it the most successful product launch in the company's history from the standpoint ...

Verizon CEO has told Apple of iPhone interest

Apr 06, 2010

(AP) -- Verizon CEO Ivan Seidenberg says the company has told Apple that it wants to carry the iPhone. But he declined to say when - or even if - the popular smart phone will be available for Verizon Wireless customers.

Recommended for you

Why the Sony hack isn't big news in Japan

4 hours ago

Japan's biggest newspaper, Yomiuri Shimbun, featured a story about Sony Corp. on its website Friday. It wasn't about hacking. It was about the company's struggling tablet business.

Sony faces 4th ex-employee lawsuit over hack

9 hours ago

A former director of technology for Sony Pictures Entertainment has sued the company over the data breach that resulted in the online posting of his private financial and personal information.

Sony tells AFP it still plans movie release

10 hours ago

Sony Pictures boss Michael Lynton denied Friday the Hollywood studio has "caved" by canceling the release of "The Interview," and said it still hoped to release the controversial film.

2012 movie massacre hung over 'Interview' decision

Dec 19, 2014

When a group claiming credit for the hacking of Sony Pictures Entertainment threated violence against theaters showing "The Interview" earlier this week, the fate of the movie's big-screen life was all but ...

Clooney slams skittish Hollywood after Sony hack

Dec 19, 2014

Film star George Clooney slammed the Hollywood movie industry for failing to stand up against the cyber threats that prompted Sony Pictures to cancel release of the movie "The Interview."

User comments : 0

Please sign in to add a comment. Registration is free, and takes less than a minute. Read more

Click here to reset your password.
Sign in to get notified via email when new comments are made.