NY man suing Facebook has to allow email access

Aug 30, 2011

(AP) -- The New York man suing for part ownership of Facebook must give lawyers for the social networking company access to all his emails dating to 2003.

A federal judge on Tuesday denied Paul Ceglia's (SEG'-lee-ya) request to delay Facebook's access to his emails so he could voice his objections in court. Ceglia's lawyer had made the request in a filing late Monday, hoping to protect Ceglia's privacy.

In the meantime, Ceglia says he's given everything else he's been ordered to produce, including his computers and files.

Ceglia, of Wellsville, claims he made a deal with Facebook founder in 2003 that entitles him to half ownership of the $50 billion company. Zuckerberg says his dealings with Ceglia had nothing to do with Palo Alto, Calif.-based Facebook.

Explore further: China's Xiaomi raises more than $1 bn in funding

not rated yet
add to favorites email to friend print save as pdf

Related Stories

Zuckerberg: Contract for Facebook ownership 'fake'

Jun 03, 2011

(AP) -- Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg says emails and a signed document that form the basis of a New York man's lawsuit claiming part ownership of the social networking phenomenon are fakes.

NY man suing Facebook must explain missing items

Aug 18, 2011

(AP) -- A judge on Wednesday gave Facebook access to the personal email accounts of a man suing for half ownership of the social networking website and ordered him to explain why he can't produce documents its lawyers believe ...

Facebook poised to seek end to NY man's lawsuit

Aug 17, 2011

(AP) -- Facebook attorneys appear poised to ask a judge to throw out a western New York man's lawsuit claiming ownership in the social network after finding what they say is proof the case is baseless.

Facebook wants contract, emails in ownership case

Jun 02, 2011

Facebook on Thursday demanded that a New York man who claims he is entitled to 50 percent of the social network immediately produce the purported contract and emails on which he is basing his case.

Recommended for you

China's Xiaomi raises more than $1 bn in funding

5 hours ago

China's top smartphone seller Xiaomi Corp. is raising more than $1 billion in a fresh round of funding, a move which would raise its valuation above $45 billion, a report said Sunday.

Why the Sony hack isn't big news in Japan

Dec 20, 2014

Japan's biggest newspaper, Yomiuri Shimbun, featured a story about Sony Corp. on its website Friday. It wasn't about hacking. It was about the company's struggling tablet business.

Sony faces 4th ex-employee lawsuit over hack

Dec 20, 2014

A former director of technology for Sony Pictures Entertainment has sued the company over the data breach that resulted in the online posting of his private financial and personal information.

Sony tells AFP it still plans movie release

Dec 20, 2014

Sony Pictures boss Michael Lynton denied Friday the Hollywood studio has "caved" by canceling the release of "The Interview," and said it still hoped to release the controversial film.

2012 movie massacre hung over 'Interview' decision

Dec 19, 2014

When a group claiming credit for the hacking of Sony Pictures Entertainment threated violence against theaters showing "The Interview" earlier this week, the fate of the movie's big-screen life was all but ...

User comments : 0

Please sign in to add a comment. Registration is free, and takes less than a minute. Read more

Click here to reset your password.
Sign in to get notified via email when new comments are made.