NY judge leaves deadline in place in Facebook case

Aug 29, 2011

(AP) -- A federal judge says a New York man who's suing for part ownership of Facebook can't have more time to produce documents and electronic media seen as important to his case.

Paul Ceglia of the western New York village of Wellsville was given until Monday to produce the materials. But his attorneys had asked the judge to delay that deadline, saying they needed more time. Facebook attorneys opposed the request, saying Ceglia was just trying to stall. On Friday, the Buffalo judge sided with Facebook and left Monday's deadline in place.

Ceglia claims he made a deal with Facebook founder in 2003 that entitles him to half ownership of the $50 billion social network. Zuckerberg says his dealings with Ceglia had nothing to do with Palo Alto, Calif.-based .

Explore further: China's Xiaomi raises more than $1 bn in funding

not rated yet
add to favorites email to friend print save as pdf

Related Stories

Facebook poised to seek end to NY man's lawsuit

Aug 17, 2011

(AP) -- Facebook attorneys appear poised to ask a judge to throw out a western New York man's lawsuit claiming ownership in the social network after finding what they say is proof the case is baseless.

Zuckerberg: Contract for Facebook ownership 'fake'

Jun 03, 2011

(AP) -- Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg says emails and a signed document that form the basis of a New York man's lawsuit claiming part ownership of the social networking phenomenon are fakes.

Recommended for you

China's Xiaomi raises more than $1 bn in funding

13 hours ago

China's top smartphone seller Xiaomi Corp. is raising more than $1 billion in a fresh round of funding, a move which would raise its valuation above $45 billion, a report said Sunday.

Why the Sony hack isn't big news in Japan

Dec 20, 2014

Japan's biggest newspaper, Yomiuri Shimbun, featured a story about Sony Corp. on its website Friday. It wasn't about hacking. It was about the company's struggling tablet business.

Sony faces 4th ex-employee lawsuit over hack

Dec 20, 2014

A former director of technology for Sony Pictures Entertainment has sued the company over the data breach that resulted in the online posting of his private financial and personal information.

Sony tells AFP it still plans movie release

Dec 20, 2014

Sony Pictures boss Michael Lynton denied Friday the Hollywood studio has "caved" by canceling the release of "The Interview," and said it still hoped to release the controversial film.

2012 movie massacre hung over 'Interview' decision

Dec 19, 2014

When a group claiming credit for the hacking of Sony Pictures Entertainment threated violence against theaters showing "The Interview" earlier this week, the fate of the movie's big-screen life was all but ...

User comments : 0

Please sign in to add a comment. Registration is free, and takes less than a minute. Read more

Click here to reset your password.
Sign in to get notified via email when new comments are made.