Revived Infineon raises full-year targets

Feb 01, 2011

German semi-conductor company Infineon raised on Tuesday its 2011 sales and profit margin targets after posting a more than three-fold increase in net profit for the first quarter of its fiscal year.

A statement issued by the newly revived said it now expected sales to gain around 15 percent, compared with a previous forecast of 10 percent.

The group's 2010/2011 is estimated at close to 20 percent, up from the previous range of 15-20 percent.

In the first three months of the year that began on October 1, Infineon rang up 922 million euros ($1.3 billion) in sales, a leap of 34 percent from the same period a year earlier.

The group's profit margin came to 19.2 percent.

Close to two years ago, Infineon has gone through a severe period of restructuring and has also benefitted from the global economic rebound via stronger sales of its computer products to the automobile industry.

Sales at the auto division jumped by an annualised 27 percent in the first quarter to 354 million euros.

Infineon's main industrial division posted an even better result however, with sales soaring by 51 percent to 423 million euros.

Explore further: Why the Sony hack isn't big news in Japan

add to favorites email to friend print save as pdf

Related Stories

Semiconductor giant Infineon upgrades outlook

Nov 19, 2009

German semi-conductor maker Infineon on Thursday upgraded its turnover and profits forecast over the next 12 months because of higher demand from the auto industry and cost cuts.

Recommended for you

Why the Sony hack isn't big news in Japan

2 hours ago

Japan's biggest newspaper, Yomiuri Shimbun, featured a story about Sony Corp. on its website Friday. It wasn't about hacking. It was about the company's struggling tablet business.

Sony faces 4th ex-employee lawsuit over hack

7 hours ago

A former director of technology for Sony Pictures Entertainment has sued the company over the data breach that resulted in the online posting of his private financial and personal information.

Sony tells AFP it still plans movie release

8 hours ago

Sony Pictures boss Michael Lynton denied Friday the Hollywood studio has "caved" by canceling the release of "The Interview," and said it still hoped to release the controversial film.

2012 movie massacre hung over 'Interview' decision

22 hours ago

When a group claiming credit for the hacking of Sony Pictures Entertainment threated violence against theaters showing "The Interview" earlier this week, the fate of the movie's big-screen life was all but ...

Clooney slams skittish Hollywood after Sony hack

Dec 19, 2014

Film star George Clooney slammed the Hollywood movie industry for failing to stand up against the cyber threats that prompted Sony Pictures to cancel release of the movie "The Interview."

User comments : 0

Please sign in to add a comment. Registration is free, and takes less than a minute. Read more

Click here to reset your password.
Sign in to get notified via email when new comments are made.