(AP) -- News Corp. says it is pushing back the launch of the world's first iPad-only newspaper.
The company declined to comment on why.
But a person familiar with the matter says News Corp. and iPad maker Apple Inc. have decided to delay the launch while they work out the technical details of how subscriptions will work. The person is speaking on condition of anonymity because the person isn't authorized to disclose details.
The person says the holdup will be weeks and not months. A formal announcement about the new publication, called The Daily, had been slated for Jan. 19.
The Wall Street Journal reported on the delay earlier.
News Corp. has staffed bureaus around the country to provide material for the new publication. It will cover general news, culture and entertainment.
Explore further: News Corp. seeks stake in Saudi media company: WSJ