Victor Company of Japan, Limited (JVC) announced the release of three new models in the Everio Series of hard disk camcorders, the world's first* collection of camcorders to use built-in hard disk drives as a storage media. The new Everio GZ-MG70, GZ-MG50, and GZ-MG40 all feature an internal hard disk drive with either a 30GB or 20GB capacity, enabling unprecedented recording times in a consumer camcorder at over seven hours of DVD-quality video or a maximum of thirty-seven hours of footage in extended recording mode.
The Everio Series is unparalleled in the camcorder industry, having eliminated the need for using and replacing media, while offering quick random access for ease of operation and the compact and lightweight design.
1. Built-in hard disk drive and over seven hours of DVD-quality video recording capability.
The new JVC Everio Series camcorders are equipped with an 1.8-inch internal hard disk drive for extended recording of DVD-quality video. Models with a 30GB internal hard drive can record up to 7 hours and 10 minutes of DVD-quality video or up to 37.5 hours of footage in extended recording mode. Models with a 20GB hard drive can record up to 4 hours and 50 minutes of DVD-quality video or up to 25 hours of extended recording in Economy mode. The use of an internal hard drive eliminates the need to replace media, making it ideal for situations that required extended recording, such as when traveling or shooting recitals or plays. Hard disk recording also enables quick random access operation for ease of operation.
2. High-quality video and digital still image capability in a compact and lightweight design
The compact and lightweight design weighs no more than 320 grams (GZ-MG40 and GZ-MG50) during shooting, yet incorporates advanced specifications including a 2.5-inch clear LCD monitor and mega-pixel-class digital still image capability using JVC's proprietary Megabrid Imaging Engine.
3. Fast Transfer of saved footage to a PC
The USB 2.0 interface enables the 10-minute transfer of a 60-minute saved footage to a PC. (Based on a JVC survey. Transferring time may differ, depending on functions and connection environment of PCs).
4. Two key technologies for hard disk protection
- A floating damper mechanism effectively dampens shock and vibration by wrapping the disk with cushioning gels made of impact absorbing material.
- A 3D acceleration sensor automatically perceives when the unit has been dropped and shuts off the power to protect the hard disk.
5. Three colors available with Everio GZ-MG40 - misty blue, powder pink, and premium silver.
AP-V14 AC power adapter, BN-VF707 battery pack, S/AV code, lens cap, shoulder strap, software CD-ROM, exclusive USB cable ("A type" mini) CD-ROM Contents
- Photo Navigator for Windows
- CyberLink DVD Solution "PowerDirector Express NE for Window(R)" "PowerProducer 2 Gold NE for Windows" "PowerDVD 5 NE for Windows"
- "Capty MPEG Edit EX" (for Macintosh)
* As of July 14, 2005, based on a JVC survey, no other consumer camcorder offers a built-in hard disk drive and MPEG-2 recording.
Explore further: Machine-learning breakthrough paves way for medical screening, prevention and treatment