Memory-Tech Corporation (Tokyo, Japan) developed the world first HD DVD disc measurement system for mass production line quality assurance. The system was completed by Memory-Tech and its affiliate, Diskware Corporation, over 2 years joint development.
The system will be sold and supported in the world-wide market through Memory-Tech's reseller channels.
Main Features of Memory-Tech HD DVD Disc Measurement System:
- Full support of HD DVD Book 1.1 specifications and all HD DVD family format disc
- Full automated disc measurement system to support cost-effective quality assurance at disc manufacturers and at drive/player manufacturers
- Integrated hardware and easy-to-use graphical user interface based software for mass production operators
- Full digital LSI and DSP based accurate and fast measurement for all HD DVD disc parameters
- OPU (Optical pick-up) and IC specially designed for HD DVD disc measurement
HD DVD mass production process is being completed and implemented in major disc replication machine vendors latest equipments. Reliable and cost-effective measurement system for mass production lines is a critical tool for the product launch of HD DVD. Currently available expensive measurement system will not necessarily match with needs of disc manufacturers. Memory-Tech HD DVD disc measurement system was designed specially for mass production line operators. The system supports HD DVD full specifications and all HD DVD family format discs.
"Toshiba welcomes Memory-Tech's completion of the HD DVD disc measurement system," said Hisashi Yamada, Chief Fellow of Toshiba Corporation's Digital Media Network Company. "This is a key quality assurance tool for HD DVD disc mass production, and I am sure the system will accelerate penetration of HD DVD format in the global market."
Memory-Tech is fully committed to continue to develop necessary technologies and necessary hardware and software tools for the HD DVD product launch.
Explore further: Study demonstrates rapid control of phase-changes in resonantly bonded materials