Victor Company of Japan, Ltd. (JVC) today announced the release of two rear projection HDTVs based on the company’s original D-ILA (Direct-Drive Image Light Amplifier) high-resolution microdisplay device. The new sets are available in 52-inch (HD-52MD60) and 61-inch (HD-61MD60) sizes, and support terrestrial, broadcast satellite and 110-degree CS digital high definition broadcasts.
JVC will market the rear projection HDTVs using D-ILA device as the Big Screen EXE series. The company has positioned the new sets as the third JVC option for large-screen flat panel televisions, in addition to the company’s existing plasma and LCD television offerings. These products are designed to meet the rapidly growing demand for large-screen televisions in Japan, which has been driven by the widespread availability of terrestrial and broadcast satellite digital television broadcasts.
1. Exclusive D-ILA high-resolution reflective liquid crystal device in a three-chip design
1) Uniformly bright, smooth large-screen images The new sets use 1280 x 720 pixels, diagonal 0.7-inch D-ILA high-resolution device. The technology results in uniformly bright images. The wide viewing angle minimizes color variations when viewed from the sides. Furthermore, smooth, exquisite and deep images are achieved with no noticeable “grid.”
2) Three-chip design for naturally exquisite color reproduction The three-chip design uses D-ILA device dedicated to each of the red (R), green (G) and blue (B) components, which are combined using a high-efficiency optical engine for full color image projection. The three-chip design results in naturally exquisite color reproduction.
2. Exclusive Genessa "image intelligence" high quality image reproduction technology
The image processing device, which determines image quality factors such as brightness and color reproduction, uses an integrated 32-bit CPU for image processing. JVC’s original high-resolution imaging technologies have been refined over many years to delivery realistic and exciting high-resolution images. Exclusive technologies include Intelligent Gamma Technology for optimized gradient correction, and Color Creation Technology for vivid memory color reproduction.
3. 198-watt reduced power consumption, outperforming a 32-inch CRT television or 40-inch LCD television
4. Flat design with less depth than a 21-inch CRT television, enabling compact placement in living room corners
The 61-inch (HD-61MD60) model has a depth of just 47 cm, which is less than the 48.2 cm depth of JVC’s 21-inch CRT television. The side frame and rear design form a compact trapezoid, enabling the unit to fit in the same corner space as a 36-inch CRT television. The 61-inch model weighs just 46.3 kg, which is less than the 48.5 kg weight of JVC’s 29-inch CRT television.
5. Comfortable audiovisual functions
1) TV Guide supports terrestrial, broadcasting satellite and 110-degree CS digital broadcasts and terrestrial analog Broadcasts, and greatly enhances ease of finding programs.
2) An HDMI compatible input offers an uncompressed solution to the transmission and display of HD video and audio content.
3) Featuring Oblique Cone speakers and a tuned bass reference box construction for powerful audio reproduction.
6. Compact and stylish design as flat panel screen TVs
Exclusive Genessa “image intelligence” high quality image reproduction technology
The Genessa LSI is offering an integrated 32-bit CPU to perform dedicated image processing for image quality management of characteristics such as brightness and color reproduction. The Genessa LSI incorporates JVC proprietary technologies refined over many years for high quality image reproduction.
1. New Intelligent Gamma Technology delivers automatic, optimized gradient correction
In using up to two million patterns, Intelligent Gamma Technology utilizes massive computing performance to analyze the unique characteristics of each image scene. It performs optimized gamma gradient correction in real time; combined with automatic 16-dimension management to deliver more life-like images.
2. Color Creation Technology for vivid color reproduction
Color Creation Technology corrects red, green, blue, and yellow as well as skin tones individually without affecting other colors. By maintaining balanced and natural color tones throughout images, Color Creation Technology reproduces more vivid colors and fine gradients in dark image areas, resulting in deep images with subtle color tone variations.
Explore further: Researcher finds optical illusion garments can improve body image